22 Things We Love About the Holiday Season
We just had our first snow in Asheville this season, and it is giving us ALL the holiday feels! Here are 22 things we love most about the holiday season (as told through Hallmark Channel holiday movie GIFs).
1. Snowball fights.
It’s all fun and games until someone takes a snowball to the face.
2. Making snow angels.
Good luck getting up again.
3. Watching the snow from the warmth of your home.
Thaw your frozen fingers before the second round of snowballs.
4. Baking holiday cookies.
The more sprinkles, the better.
5. Eating said holiday cookies.
Just be sure to save some for Santa.
6. Lots of eating, in fact.
Help yourself to some extra turkey.
7. Like, lots & lots of eating.
Sneak that extra slice of pie.
8. Giving someone the perfect gift.
9. Going all out with the decorations.
Is there such a thing as too much tinsel?
10. Jamming out to Jingle Bells.
Now all we need is a one-horse open sleigh.
11. Tacky holiday sweaters.
Bonus points if it lights up.
12. Reuniting with loved ones.
So you can eat together.
13. Extra reasons to drink champagne.
As if you needed one. (Psssst! We’ll have $3 mimosas and bloody marys on New Year’s Day!)
14. Writing letters to Santa.
We usually include the link to our Amazon Wishlist.
15. Getting warm by the fire.
Nothing better than toasty toes.
16. Trying new recipes.
You know, for more eating. We have a bunch of holiday recipes on our blog!
17. The feeling in the air.
Everything just feels so full of possibility.
18. Shopping for the perfect tree.
Or Hanukkah bush. We just need to know where to put the presents.
Regardless of whether or not they’re in tune.
20. Casually practicing ice skating at the local rink.
It’s time to perfect your triple axel.
21. Watching cheesy holiday movies.
*cough* Hallmark *cough* Lifetime *cough* No shame.
22. Did we mention the eating?
No need to worry about your beach bod when there’s still snow on the ground.
What is YOUR favorite part of the holidays? Let us know on Facebook or Instagram!
Let Tupelo Honey be part of your holiday tradition. Make a reservation to enjoy our Southern cuisine with loved ones.