How to Grill the Perfect Steak
Knowing how to grill the perfect steak is a must when you have a responsibly-sourced ribeye from a partner like Hickory Nut Gap Farm. Our very own VP of Purchasing Caitlin McMahon shares some easy and delicious tips on how to grill the perfect steak, which we cooked right in Hickory Nut Gap Farm’s beautiful apple orchard. Bon Appetit, y’all!
Caitlin’s Grilling Tips:
– One hour prior to cooking, remove the steak from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
– Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
– Season the steak on both sides liberally with salt and pepper.
– Grill the steak 3-4 minutes on the first side for a one-inch thick steak. Turnover and grill on the other side, an additional 3-4 minutes. Add your aromatics (shallot, garlic, rosemary) and butter at this time.
– Cook until the internal temperature reaches 140°F for a medium rare. Not a fan of medium rare? Here’s a chart of different cooking temperatures!
– Transfer to a plate and allow to rest until the temperature registers 145°F, about 10 minutes.
Starving for a steak, but don’t feel like firing up the grill? Make a reservation to enjoy our own ribeye (with all the fixin’s) at the Tupelo Honey nearest you!